So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Monday, February 06, 2006

Barcode Tattoo



During Thanksgiving weekend of 2005 I went on a short holiday with my friend Paul W. While hanging out in South Beach, FL, I got this wild idea to get a new tattoo. I wanted the phrase So Not Right on the tattoo but I wanted it to be really "so not right". That is when I came up with the idea of the bar code idea. I thought it would be perfect to have a scannable tattoo. My first thought was to have the tattoo put on the back of my neck. My friend Paul was very much against the idea and kept telling me to really think about this, maybe find someplace to have some temporay tattoos made. Well I apparently sobered up and agreed not to do anything to quickly.

Once I returned home I turned to the internet for a little research on bar codes and temporary tattoos. I found that a permanant tattoo of a bar code would probably not scan due to the migration of the ink once it is in the skin. I also found that there is an artist who has been making barcode tattoos and he even makes custom scannable ones. (and to think I thought I had an original idea in South Beach, only to find out it was already being done). I ordered some tempoary tattoos from Scott Blake: http://www.barcodeart.com/art/tattoo/tattoo_frames.html

The end result was two sets of fun to use tattoos that really show how I am So Not Right.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    All I can say is THANK GOD that you did not permanently tattoo yourself with a barcode.

    That is SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOO NOT RIGHT.

    And further more,

    What is the point of a scannable tattoo?

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Mark Floyd-Thaut said…

    Ok, so if you get this scannable barcode, what's it going to say once scanned? ;)

    Just get a pretty butterfly or kitten on your ankle instead.

    Mark
    zeitzeuge.org

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So I'm glad to find out that bar codes, once permanently tattooed, do not scan. My sister and I are going to be getting matching bar codes when she moves back home. At least now I know they won't scan, which is what she wanted to have them do. We're doing it for almost the same reason you said you wanted to do yours.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So who is the artist that makes actual scannable tattoos?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home