So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Time to make the Bonnet

With "Easter with my Peeps" fast approaching (ok, it is 39 days away according to the lent calendar) I have had to get to work on this years Easter bonnet. I took a bonnet that I made a couple of years ago and used the base of it for this years bonnet. I removed most of the fabric and netting from the top. Here is what it looked like two years ago.

After removing some of the old decorations, I began the process of shaping the new bonnet. As said before in a previoous post, this years hat will be covered with marshmallow peeps. The next picture shows how foam core is being added to the hat to add stability. Styrofoam will be use to add a layer on the top of the hat. Individual peeps will be glued to the top of the hat. A huge stuffed peep will be sewn at the very top. It is a peeping good time making a bonnet. I will add more pictures as the process continues.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home