So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Trip continues: Berlin Chapter 2




Did I say in a previous post how much I really liked Berlin? Well it really is a wonderful city and one I would highly recommend to anyone for a visit. We did a most wonderful bike tour through the city. It was a free tour, free use of the bike, just tip the tour guide. Mike was our tour guide, an American who has lived in Berlin for the last two years. He took us by bike to the Museum Island, to the university where the Nazi book burning took place, and all over central Berlin.
On our last night in town we decided to really have a good time at the pubs. We started at our hotel bar and were served very strong drinks by our now good friend Sebastian. He is 26 and told us stories of being a 7 year old boy at the time the Berlin wall came down. His parents took him to the wall and hoisted him up and he hit the top of the wall with a hammer. He had no idea what was really going on and what an important piece of history was taking place. If all works out on this post you will see a picture of Sebastian with this entry. We went on to some bars after drinking a few at the hotel and lets just say it was a good thing I was not driving after all was said and done. Apparently I had no problem talking with everyone at the bars. The flight the next day to Athens was a bit difficult after such a fun night out on the town...I definitely felt So Not Right. Next post: Athens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home