So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Very Special Person Has Left This World

This morning I awoke to very sad news. A Texas Original...Ms. Ann Richards passed away last night. Ann Richards was one of those public figures that I truly looked up to. She spoke her mind and always could put a smile on a person's face. A big joy for me was getting my picture taken with Ann Richards just a couple of years ago. She was in Dallas speaking for the second time at the Dallas Fort Worth Black Tie Dinner. Texas and this country will miss you Ann. God speed and God Bless.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4185661.html

A couple of my favorite Ann Richards quotes:

About George H. W. Bush: ..."Poor George. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

About life: "Life is like a layer cake," Richards said. "You put one layer on top of the other, and whether you frost it or not is up to you. I'm looking forward now to a little frosting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home