So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Monday, May 01, 2006

Something a Bit More Serious

As any regular reader of my blog knows, I usually put some lighthearted messages or pictures up on this site. Well today I feel the need to be a bit more personal about myself. I did something that at first seemed So Not Right, but now I am certain I did something Oh So Good.
On Friday I officially resigned from a company that I have spent the last 11 years working for. It was not because I was mad, or frustrated, or because I hated someone there. Those feelings have all been validated at one point or another in my career however this resgination speaks to a much broader sense of what I need and want in my own life. My boss asked me to think about this over a couple of days and be sure that this is really what I want.
I have spent the weekend thinking about this and it is in fact what I want. I am ready to spread my wings a bit as well as take some time off just for myself...take care of myself this time.

For those of you who do not know, I am an Occupational Therapist, have been one for the last 16 years. I work as a Regional Manager for one of the largest Skilled Nursing/Rehab providers in the nation. After some time off I plan on returning to the treatment aspect of my profession, the hands-on working with the patient role. Don't get me wrong, I love the management aspect of my current job, but I need to be the therapist again, not the manager.

I am excited and a bit scared all at the same time. My thirty day notice started last Friday, so May 31st should be my last day. I am certain that my travel during my time off will provide some fun stories for this site. I am looking forward to sharing my adventures with you all as I embark on this new chapter of my life.
Paul

5 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger WickedWisdom said…

    If I had a bottle of ceremonial champaigne, I'd crack it across your "bow" (hehe). Bon Voyage!

    Major congrats' and know that your friends are always behind ya'. :-)

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger So Not Right said…

    Thanks boys, I appreciate the support!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY FOR SUMMERS OFF!!!!

    I am thrilled at the prospect.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger SPPAMMM said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger SPPAMMM said…

    The selfish twin says, "No! Don't leave Dallas!" The fearful twin says, "You'll never come back and you'll forget us all." The adventurous twin says, "Bring me along!" The romantic twin says, "Take many photos in Tuscany!" The hopeful twin says, "You'll have such great stories to tell." The spiritual twin says, "What a beautiful path you've chosen." In unison, we all say, "I'm proud of your courage to pursue your dreams..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home