So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wrong place to beg for money

Today I was at the local convience store filling my car with gas. Unleaded at $2.86 a gallon today. I don't usually complain too much about gas prices since I don't use my personal car much during the week. However, when I am filling up the tank I do get a little exasperated at the $35 price tag for the full tank of gas.
While going thru this experience, a guy approached me asking me if I could spare some money for him and his wife so they could get some food. There were a few SO NOT RIGHT things going on at this particular moment. First of all, there was no wife in the area. (this reminds me of the scam where someone asks you for money to put gas in their car, which is several blocks away and they have 5 kids sitting in the heat of the car while they are out panhandling).
My other problem was where the guy was begging for money...I wanted to shout at him "Dude, people are paying a fortune for gas right now, don't ask someone who is being robbed at the pump if they can spare any money."
All I did was point to the gas pump and tell the guy I could not help him. He seemed to understand that approach pretty darn well.
Just for the record, I do give money to some people who ask. I don't have a certain criteria for when and where, I just use my intuition. Sometimes it feels right and sometimes it does not.
It didn't feel right today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home