So Not Right

A place to publish things that are So Not Right. Also a place for me to put my own thoughts out there on the internet (I guess my thoughts could be considered So Not Right as well).

Monday, June 19, 2006

Be Careful of What You Ask For...

...because you just might get it.
It has been dry here in Dallas, very very dry. No rain since before Easter I think. Everyone is watering their lawns just to keep them from turning brown and ugly. We have all been begging for rain, any amount of rain, just rain, PLEASE.
We got what we asked for this weekend.
While a bunch of us were off enjoying a fantastic pool party this past Saturday night, a huge storm system moved in and gave us a much needed respite from these dry conditions. This was no rain shower, this was pouring down rain that lasted and lasted. (The pool party kept on going) After the pool party a bunch of my friends came back to my house with me to pick up cars etc...
Someone had asked if my dog was ok since he was left out in the monstrous storm we just had. I politely replied that the dog had a wonderful awning tent to keep him dry if he should ever get caught out in the rain. (the awning tent that I speak of is the white tent we use at Easter ( see pictures in Fliker). We checked on the dog as soon as we got to my house only to find that the tent awning looked like it had gone through a hurricane. It was all twisted up and I half expected to see the Wicked Witch of the East's Feet and stocking legs poking out from the rubble. Thankfully the dog was fine even if his shelter was destroyed. I only wonder if he was under the tent when it collapsed, if he has any traumatic tales he wished he could share, or if I should call FEMA and get him a debit card to help with his relief efforts. Here is what the tent looked like after the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home